Re: Windows snapshot builds

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: Windows snapshot builds
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 23:33:23 -0500

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>> If I could, I would use MSYS2 to manage programs on my work-issued Windows
>>> PC.  I am not sure the admins have experience with GNU/Linux systems in
>>> particular and UNIX in general, and as such are reluctant to install
>>> MSYS2.
>
> Maybe we could have an emacs-installer package which includes an msys2
> system from which you can install further tools?

msys2 already has an Emacs package, so it would be better to point this
out to people. People who would be willing to use mays2 to add packages
would probably be happier using the msys Emacs package in the first place.

On the other hand, including msys2 in an Emacs installer might be a good
way to introduce people to msys2. Depends on which is more popular/well
known.

--
-- Stephe