Re: Text property searching

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Text property searching
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 22:17:06 +0100

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 9:40 PM, Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> wrote:

So I think it might make sense to just leave that complication out of
this function, because it's rather obscure (categories and stuff that
sounds way too complicate :-)).

FWIW this goes to 2

(with-temp-buffer
  (progn
    (insert "foo bar zot")
    (put-text-property 2 3 'face nil)
    (put-text-property 5 6 'face 'bold)
    (goto-char (point-min))
    (goto-char (next-property-change (point)))))

but fair enough, it can always be added later with minimum breakage I think. Though
if it's not super-complicated to implement we would be missing a good oportunity
to cover a corner case, however obscure. Precisely one that
next-single-property-change makes it hard to handle.