Re: git+master: c6e6503900534d939dd94b812563c27f22c49b7d crash when usin

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: git+master: c6e6503900534d939dd94b812563c27f22c49b7d crash when using gnus
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 20:40:54 +0300

> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 10:18:59 -0700
>
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Please use one long line, to avoid problems when people naïvely
> > copy/paste the command into the shell prompt.
>
> Users can copy-paste the first example as-is already, since the earlier line
> ends in backslash.

Long lines without any backslashes are safer, so I'd prefer that.  But
I won't have another bikeshedding argument over that, so if you don't
feel like changing it, so be it.

> If we're talking about truly naive users, then these commands are too long
> anyway.

I don't see any real problem with that, all supported platforms can
handle much longer commands.

> I'll hold off backporting until we get the important matter of backslashes
> resolved. :-)

It's resolved already, if it's up to me.