Re: Getting custom variables in a group

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Getting custom variables in a group
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 20:34:42 -0400

> I'm having an oddly hard time finding out programatically all the custom
> variables in a custom group (recursively),

The variables and subgroups of a custom group are stored in the
`custom-group` property of the group's symbol.

> or which group a custom variable belongs to.

For this one you're going to have to mapatom to enumerate all symbols,
looking for the var in the `custom-group` property.

You can look at custom-add-parent-links to find inspiration (and feel
free to refector this function so you can reuse part of its code rather
than duplicate it).

        Stefan