Re: [Emacs-diffs] master bb591f139f: Enhance CC Mode's fontification, et

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master bb591f139f: Enhance CC Mode's fontification, etc., of unterminated strings.
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 21:25:47 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: address@hidden (João Távora)
>> Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 20:21:25 +0100
>> Cc: Emacs developers <address@hidden>,
>>      Tino Calancha <address@hidden>
>>
>> Here's how it works:
>
> Thanks.  How about adding this information to the test file(s), as
> comments, so that others won't need to search high and low for it?

Sure, but there are two more important things to do before:

1. fix the generated docstring so that M-x
ert-describe-test returns useful information. I can do this.

2. fix M-x ert-find-test-other-window so that it find the generating
form. Who can help?

Emacs is a self-documenting edtior: I would need to explain very little
to a seasoned Emacs user if just one of these things were working, let
alone two.

That said, adding comments is seldom a bad idea (because when they
become outdated, it's a terrible idea.)

João