How to debug indentation

From: N. Raghavendra
Subject: How to debug indentation
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 08:28:31 +0530

I am trying to debug nXML mode indentation.  As a way of seeing what
functions like `nxml-indent-line' and `nxml-compute-indent' do, I am
inserting `message' forms at various places in these functions, and
looking at the *Messages* buffer to see what has happened.  However, I
am finding this method cumbersome.

Is there a more systematic way of doing this?  Is it possible to use
Edebug to debug indentation?  Or any other methods?

Thanks,
Raghu.

--
N. Raghavendra <address@hidden>, http://www.retrotexts.net/