Re: Should this package be included into the NS port?

From: George Plymale II
Subject: Re: Should this package be included into the NS port?
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 19:40:33 -0400

First off, thanks for your concrete feedback, Alan. I think we all
appreciate it.

> FWIW I think we can solve this by defining:

> (defun ns-make-frame ()
>   (interactive)
>   (make-frame-on-display (car (x-display-list))))

> in ns-win.el, binding it to ns-new-frame, and then making that event
> available everywhere.

Sounds reasonable... I could try my hand at this at some point, I
suppose, unless anyone else is more inclined or capable.

> I’m not sure how to do the last bit. At the moment it’s defined in
> nsterm.h; presumably it needs to be defined somewhere else.

What are you specifically referring to that is defined in nsterm.h? I'm
not sure I'm following you at this part 100%.

> As described elsewhere the menus will be pretty much useless, but the
> dock icon menu should be able to create a new frame.

> It might be better to use the package until we can sort out the menu
> issue. Thoughts?

Yes, I think the package would be an acceptable option till we can sort
out the menu issue. But other than that, what you're saying does seem
reasonable. I'm Cc'ing Ryan C. Thompson as well on this message in case
he'd like to chime in about his package.

Thanks,
- George Plymale II