Re: jsonrpc.el closer to merging

From: Clément Pit-Claudel
Subject: Re: jsonrpc.el closer to merging
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 13:56:00 -0400

On 2018-06-10 11:56, João Távora wrote:
> The last few weeks, I've been getting jsonrpc.el ready for integration
> into core (master/26.2) and/or ELPA.git.

I think this is great news.  I have multiple packages that use a client-server
architecture, and moving them to JSON-RPC would be a nice simplification.

It would be nice if you hosted this on ELPA, so that others could take a
dependency on that package without having to wait for new releases of Emacs :)

How closely does it follow JSON-RPC? For example, does it allow for servers to
send notifications to clients? Does it allow more than one response per query?
If the server is killed, what does it do with pending queries?

Thanks again for this work!
Clément.