Re: Resuming M-x gitmerge

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Resuming M-x gitmerge
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 14:18:12 -0400

Noam Postavsky wrote:

> Hmm, this didn't work for me, I needed to commit the merge.
> And given the current implementation of gitmerge-repo-clean I can't
> see how it could work any other way.

I did:
git reset --hard f4e9ceacda
emacs -Q -l admin/gitmerge.el
M-x gitmerge
M-x kill-emacs
git add src/ftfont.c

git status now reports:

# All conflicts fixed but you are still merging.
#   (use "git commit" to conclude merge)
#
# Changes to be committed:
#
#       modified:   ChangeLog.3
#       modified:   etc/NEWS
#       modified:   lisp/comint.el
#       modified:   lisp/simple.el
#       modified:   src/ftfont.c

At this point I can now run:
emacs -Q -nw -l admin/gitmerge.el
M-x gitmerge

and it prompts "resume merge?" and is happy to continue on "y".

This is how I've been doing it.

PS maybe totally unrelated, but I made this note a while ago, and never
investigated:

"is gitmerge discarding commits when there are more than one and then a
conflict? example: 20180302
emacs-26  0213c8b
master 82f12b2"

I'm no longer even sure what I meant, so feel free to ignore.