Re: Yes, please allow pre-configuration of first frame [was: Blink Curso

From: Daniel Colascione
Subject: Re: Yes, please allow pre-configuration of first frame [was: Blink Cursor mode is off by default]
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2018 07:37:07 -0700

On 06/15/2018 02:34 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
It doesn't sound right, though, that a fix for this should
involve the user having to mess around with intiialisation
order etc. -- it should "just work".

It seems that this might be a worthwhile project for "someone"
to work on? (Perhaps they could fix the problem of not being
able to un-apply themes at the same time?)

I don't really understand what you suggest doing: the .emacs file is
read *after* creating the first frame, so there's no way to avoid
"flashing" without breaking some .emacs files.

The file could just run against a dummy frame that happens to look like the GUI frame we'll eventually create.