Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 0a6a2fb: Improve documentation of several recen

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 0a6a2fb: Improve documentation of several recent changes
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2018 18:58:01 +0300

> Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2018 08:21:04 -0700
> From: "Daniel Colascione" <address@hidden>
> Cc: "Daniel Colascione" <address@hidden>,
>  address@hidden
>
> >> face-filters-always-match is deliberately not mentioned in the elisp
> >> manual. It's for face-remap.el's use only. Please remove the additional
> >> text about it.
> >
> > I'll take it as a THANK YOU
>
> Well, that too. :-)

You are welcome.

As for documentation of face-filters-always-match: if we want it to be
an internal variable, let's name it as such, and let's say in the doc
string something like "Internal use only."  Then removing it from the
manual will be a logical step.

See, that's why documenting features by those who write the code is
preferable: just by looking at the variable's name, doc string, and
uses (or lack thereof), it was hard for me to say what was the
original intent.