Re: auto-complete popup is broken on master

From: John Shahid
Subject: Re: auto-complete popup is broken on master
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 17:18:45 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: John Shahid <address@hidden>
>> Cc: Emacs-Devel devel <address@hidden>
>> Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 16:55:14 +0000

>> > Can you point at places in auto-complete which are using that
>> > property?
>>
>> It is being set in the following places
>> https://github.com/auto-complete/popup-el/blob/master/popup.el#L610 &
>> https://github.com/auto-complete/popup-el/blob/master/popup.el#L366.
>
> That seems just a private property used by the package: it is used in
> popup-set-line-item.  Right?

You are absolutely right. That was an oversight on my end.

The issue with auto-complete popup seems to be caused by the change in
behavior of `vertical-motion' and having `display-line-number' mode
on. The prefix property has nothing to do with the issue I described.

FYI, I created bug#31966.

cheers,

-js