Re: scratch/fontify-open-string. [Was: CC Mode and electric-pair "proble

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: scratch/fontify-open-string. [Was: CC Mode and electric-pair "problem".]
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 04:00:23 -0500

An update on this; I just had several missing quotes in a buffer, due to
a copy/multiple paste that had a quote error. I did lots of editing with
the quote errors present.

I didn't even notice them until the compiler complained, just like any
other syntax error.

In my opinion, that is far preferable to the previous behavior of
fontifying large parts of the buffer as string, which forced me to pay
attention to a trivial syntax error instead of what I was actually doing.

This is in Ada, that does not have the option of escaping a newline to
create a multiline string, so treating a newline as string terminator is
always correct.

Anything I can do to help merge this to main?

--
-- Stephe