Re: bignum branch

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: bignum branch
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 15:21:33 +0200

Andy Moreton <address@hidden> writes:

>> Someone who know ccl should take a look (or we punt and remove pgg,
>> since itʼs obsolete anyway).
>
> If pgg is removed, the CCL interpreter and ccl.el should also be
> removed.

lisp/language/ethiopic.el still calls define-ccl-program, but as far
as I can tell the result is not actually used anywhere. Removing pgg
and ccl completely and removing the ccl from lisp/language/ethiopic.el
doesnʼt seem to have had any adverse effect on my emacs.

midi-kbd is the only external package Iʼve found that uses ccl.

Iʼm all for removing unused features, but Iʼm not 100% sure thatʼs
true for ccl. Probably weʼd need to deprecate it first.

Robert