Re: Return value of finished threads

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Return value of finished threads
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 12:02:19 +0200

Tom Tromey <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Tom,

> Michael> I'm still lost. Will you provide a respective patch, or does
> Michael> it mean I could push my patch as-it-is?
>
> I think it's already fine.

I've pushed this to master, including documentation and NEWS.

I've also added some code for signal propagation of the finished thread
to the current one. This works OK for the quit signal (see changed
threads-mutex-signal test), but this does not work for ordinary errors
(see new test threads-join-error, I've marked it as :unstable for the
time being). I guess that the handlers catch the error somehow; maybe
you could have a look on this.

For this reason, I haven't documented signal propagation yet.

I'm also uncertain whether it is desired to propagate signals via
thread-join in all use cases. Maybe we add an optional NOSIGNAL argument
to this function?

> Tom

Best regards, Michael.