Re: The netsec thread

From: Brett Gilio
Subject: Re: The netsec thread
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 20:55:18 -0500

Jimmy Yuen Ho Wong writes:

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 1:45 PM, Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> wrote:
Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

We do something similar in the prompt that select-safe-coding-system
presents, so "we have the technology".

Ah, great!

Then I think that would be nice -- I'm not much fan of modal prompts for stuff like this, because that makes it difficult for the user to interact with the buffer presented. For instance, if we use a non-modal interface, then the scrolling problems in the new "details" disappear:
The user can just scroll normally.

And, as you suggest, we could have a button to expand some details "in
buffer".

That sound great, but what is this select-safe-coding-system and how
do I look at its UI?

Agreed.

Eli, could you point me to the instance of select-safe-coding-system? I
am not able to find it in documentation or help.

--
Brett M. Gilio
Free Software Foundation, Member