Re: [Feature Discuss] Nested buffer

From: Brett Gilio
Subject: Re: [Feature Discuss] Nested buffer
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 15:11:54 -0500

fei xiaobo writes:

Hi all.

I am building a plan to implement *Nested buffer* in Emacs recently. Is it
a good ideal?

Nested buffer what I mean here is the sub-buffers which embedded in a host
buffer.

- Nested/Embed buffer's content is linked to an arbitrary buffer. - Host buffer's content consists of the content of all the nested
   buffers.

If having this, we could embed multiple buffers' content into a host buffer to get one virtual buffer. And, after updating the nested buffer's content, the virtual host buffer's content is updated too. I think it will be
helpful for many special plugins.

Appreciated any comments or suggestion.

Could you provide a scenario where you would find this feature to be useful? I am not casting it off, but I am having a hard time thinking of
what it could be used for that Emacs doesn't already do.

--
Brett M. Gilio
Free Software Foundation, Member