Re: A build problem with flymake.info

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: A build problem with flymake.info
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2018 14:27:37 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: João Távora <address@hidden>
>> Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2018 09:39:42 +0100
>> Cc: martin rudalics <address@hidden>, emacs-devel <address@hidden>
>>
>> I tried, looked around, but iirc it wasn't easy, or I was afraid of
>> breaking something. Or maybe it was that not all texinfo processors
>> support that feature. Maybe i was looking in the wrong place, I don't
>> remember.
>>
>> Anyway, if you know an easier way, I'm all ears.
>
> Maybe there's a misunderstanding on my part: where (in what commands)
> did you need this, and in which use cases?

C-c C-c, which is bound to TeX-command-master when using the non-core
AucTex package.  But the problem also happens with Emacs's built-in
C-c RET C-b (makeinfo-buffer)

TeX-command-master is where I tried fixing it, so it may be easier in
Emacs's built-in makeinfo.el, which is where makeinfo-buffer hails from.

(For those curious, TeX-command-master is a command multiplexer designed
to understand what the next logical command for a certain file is (e.g
first compiling, then viewing, etc...)  It works fine with latex files
and doc/misc/flymake.texi, except for the load-path issue)

> IOW, can you describe in more detail what are the situations where you
> need to modify the @include lines, and why?

  <from emacs checkout dir>
  src/emacs -Q
  C-x C-f RET doc/misc/flymake.texi RET   ; find the file
  C-c RET C-b RET                         ; makeinfo-buffer

If I don't modify the include line, this errors.  If I modify it, it
succeeds and presents the updated info buffer.

João