Re: Introducing thread-safe Tramp

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Introducing thread-safe Tramp
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 19:49:39 +0300

On 7/29/18 12:54 PM, Michael Albinus wrote:

vc-refresh-state works over the current buffer, vc-state works over a
file (which is missing in your example).

(vc-state buffer-file-name), then.

We don't have a counter-part for vc-refresh-state that takes a file as an argument, so it's to be expected that some clients will use with function. E.g. with with-current-buffer.

I don't see after a short look
in the sources, how they depend. The result of your code snippet would
always be the result of vc-state, which is not threaded.

My point is that before your branch, the result would be different. It would make sense to preserve the behavior.

Well, you are much more experienced with vc than I do. Look at the
changes I've done in vc-hooks.el, and adapt.

I'm not well-versed on the use of Emacs threads, though. Yet.

Me too, some weeks ago :-) It isn't that hard.

I'll try to make some time.