Calc; The function `calc-extensions' is undefined.

From: Francis Wright
Subject: Calc; The function `calc-extensions' is undefined.
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 18:18:48 +0100

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug and the
precise symptoms of the bug.  If possible, include a backtrace by
doing `\[toggle-debug-on-error]', then reproducing the bug.

Section `18.5.7 Calculator Internals' of the Calc manual says:
"... call ‘(calc-extensions)’ before using any function based in
‘calc-ext.el’ ..." but I can't find a definition of this function
anywhere among the calc files.  So far, for my purposes (which are to
use the bignum facilities in another application), it seems sufficient
to do

(require 'calc)
(require 'calc-ext)

I'm guessing that the manual is out of date.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2018-05-30
Package: Calc