Re: feature proposal? add-change-log-entry does not find the ChangeLog f

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: feature proposal? add-change-log-entry does not find the ChangeLog file: change-log-directory-files
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2018 13:07:15 +0200

   > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

   > A moment ago, I followed up with a proposal to walk up the tree --
   > which turns out to be what the current behavior is supposed to be
   > anyway, and is what you expected -- because I didn't realize that that
   > behavior was already implemented.

   > Then I read the doc string for `find-change-log' and the behavior
   > described there seems to be exactly what you wanted and expected.

   > So I *think* the behavior you want is the behavior Emacs is already
   > supposed to have. Have you simply discovered a bug, or is there
   > something subtle about your situation that is not covered by the
   > current intended behavior of `find-change-log'?

So when I start emacs -q, everything works as expected.
So the culprit must be in my init file somewhere.

However, I started (with my init file enabled) to debug the function
add-change-log-entry, which reads like

(defun add-change-log-entry (&optional whoami file-name other-window new-entry
                                       put-new-entry-on-new-line)
  "....."
  (interactive (list current-prefix-arg
                     (prompt-for-change-log-name)))

So the debugger jumps to current-prefix-arg which is nil, and then
execute prompt-for-change-log-name, which he shouldn't.

I am really puzzled by this.