Re: make check fails? (emacs-26.1 w/modules)

From: Greg Minshall
Subject: Re: make check fails? (emacs-26.1 w/modules)
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2018 13:32:37 +0300

Paul,

> I'm afraid I can't help much more. I'd try a later GCC, or file a
> compiler bug report if you must use that particular GCC.

thanks for the suggestions so far (esp. V=1!).

negative persistence being what it is, i used "lxd" magic, spun up a new
Ubuntu 16.04 release, cloned the git repository, "git checkout
emacs-26.1", downloaded all the prereqs, autogen.sh'd, configured :
./configure --with-xwidgets --with-modules --without-dbus then, "make &&
make check"; same results.  (and, for my sanity self-appraisal, i'm glad
for Robert Pluim's confirmation -- thanks!)

i'll try to report it to gcc (not a community with which i have
much other-than-user experience, so, something new).

cheers, Greg