How to get a window Lisp_Object from struct window *w?

From: Keith David Bershatsky
Subject: How to get a window Lisp_Object from struct window *w?
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 17:57:45 -0700

I am chiseling away at feature requests #17684 (crosshairs) and #22873
(multiple fake cursors).

In this particular example, redisplay gives us the w (struct window *w) as it
goes through each window.  I am recording the window Lisp_Object in a cache
(also a Lisp_Object) and am later checking that cache to see if w == XWINDOW
(window).  There is no guarantee that the window that I am interested in is the
selected_window, and the functions giving me the w do not provide the window as
an incoming argument.  I see that I can use:

Lisp_Object window = window_from_coordinates (f, opoint_x, opoint_y, &part,
true);

get-buffer-window/w->contents is not helpful because there may be more than one
window on the frame displaying the same buffer.

I was wondering if there is a more efficient way to derive window from a struct
window *w?

Thanks,

Keith