IT testing for multiple characters (ִרֹ) that occupy 1 display string.

From: Keith David Bershatsky
Subject: IT testing for multiple characters (ִרֹ) that occupy 1 display string.
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 17:14:04 -0700

I am working on feature requests #17684 (crosshairs) and #22873 (multiple fake
cursors).

When using move_it_in_display_line_to, ִרֹ is treated as one display string;
however, it is 3 different characters occupying 3 HPOS.  it->c only reports
1460.

I initially guessed that this was a composition situation, however, it.what
returns a 0, which is the same as any other regular character.

Q:  How do we test for this situation, so that we know all of the different
characters and each of their individual pixel widths?

Thanks,

Keith