Re: Automatic minor modes?

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Automatic minor modes?
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 15:48:22 +0000

On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 17:44:33 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

>> From: Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>
>> Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 03:59:29 +0000
>> Cc: address@hidden
>>
>> Thus I was not able to make progress on this one. Maybe someone else
>> will, or be able to help me.

EZ> It is very hard to follow a discussion that is spread over several
EZ> months, and each month produces a about 3 messages.  I personally long
EZ> ago lost focus of the thread; in particular, I no longer remember what
EZ> prettify-symbols-mode and/or reveal-mode have to do with the subject
EZ> of this discussion.

I'll try to summarize. Sorry for the long lapses.

EZ> So I think it would help if you summarize the issue, and then let's
EZ> try finishing this discussion in less than a month ;-)

When I open a file such as authinfo.json.gpg, the passwords are clearly
visible to anyone that can see my screen. I'd like to hide them
visually. Ideally in a way that reveals them when I move inside them,
like `prettify-symbols-mode` does. Stefan suggested `reveal-mode` may be
the right place to do this work, so I investigated a little.

I think Lars was also interested in this, and I posted several URLs
where people are looking for more or less the same thing.

Ted