Re: recent master core dumps building on FreeBSD i386

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: recent master core dumps building on FreeBSD i386
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 16:28:58 +0300

> Cc: address@hidden
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 18:09:39 -0700
>
> I hope the portable dumper will be merged soon. Could you please
> remind me what the remaining trouble spots are with pdumper, i.e.,
> the issues that are preventing merging that branch in?

This question seems to pop up every 3 months, and somehow people think
I remember the answer by heart ;-)

Here's what I found in the archives:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2018-03/msg00924.html
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2018-03/msg00929.html

Note that the master branch acquired several fundamentally new
features in the meantime, such as bignums, Lisp-objects-as-pointers,
and changes in misc objects, which AFAIU will need pdumper support, so
merging the branch now will need more work than you see in the above 2
messages.

Thanks.