Re: Performance degradation from long lines

From: Phil Sainty
Subject: Re: Performance degradation from long lines
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 11:34:22 +1300

From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
>> Looking forward to seeing it in elpa.git,
> Why not in core?
So users of already released Emacsen can use it. But in core is fine as well.
OK, let's do both (assuming that Phil agrees).

Sure, I have no objections to so-long being integrated in core.

I hadn't intended to suggest this myself because it *is* a
band-aid solution -- in an ideal world the root causes would
somehow be mitigated in a cleaner fashion, and so-long would
become obsolete -- but in the interim it certainly serves a
purpose.

I'll focus on the ELPA release first in any case, but we can
discuss inclusion in core in more detail after that.

-Phil