Re: pcase ` meaning

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: pcase ` meaning
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 02:40:30 +0100

"Garreau, Alexandre" <address@hidden> writes:

> > I think we can agree that we disagree - I just don't share your
> > opinion.  The thing is designed in a way that it matches how some, but
> > not all people, like to think about pattern matching.
>
> Not that much I believe: you were enthusiast as well about the `var'
> pattern

Yeah, but only to see some lines later that what we have is better.  The
concept and implementation of pcase are more thought over than you
think.

Ok, I think I have said all I wanted, more than once: I like pcase, it
is a very good solution of the task of pattern matching in my eyes.  I
like its use of backquote, etc...I think this thread has enough of my
opinion so far, so I'll stop here until I have something really new to
say.

Michael.