Re: [emacs-announce] Emacs 26.1.90 pretest

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [emacs-announce] Emacs 26.1.90 pretest
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 17:53:57 +0200

> From: Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 12:17:27 +0900
>
> I just built master this morning and web-mode does not work as it did
> yesterday.

Did you really mean "master", i.e. the master branch?  Emacs 26.1.90
was produced from the emacs-26 branch, not from master.

> Namely:
> • it doesn't automatically close a tag when </ is typed
> • it doesn't indent child tags when typing a tag inside a block
>
> When I do M-x web-mode within web-mode I get the following error:
> Lisp nesting exceeds ‘max-lisp-eval-depth’

If this is about the 26.1.90 pretest, then my naïve attempt to
reproduce this, by loading the latest web-mode into "emacs -Q" and
then editing in web-mode buffer, failed: what you say stopped working
for you did work for me.

So please submit a full bug report with all the details, including a
recipe to reproduce the problem starting from "emacs -Q" and loading
everything you need (web-mode, obviously, but also whatever else is
needed for reproducing the issue).  Please use report-emacs-bug to
include in the report important details about your build and run
environment.

Thanks.