Re: Tramp rclone

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp rclone
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 13:02:44 +0100

Daniel Kraus <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!

Hi Daniel,

> Result is the same though.
> No such directory in eshell (is that even supposed to work?)
> and empty list in dired.
>
> Attached is the tramp log (verbose set to 10) where
> I first tried to open `/rclone:drive:` (drive is my remote name)
> and then `/rclone:drive:/skor`.

Strange. The log doesn't show any external command but

> 19:22:26.834686 tramp-call-process (6) # ‘rclone about drive: --full’ nil
> *tramp/rclone drive*
> 19:22:27.355841 tramp-call-process (6) # 0
> Total:   128849018880
> Used:    452653677
> Free:    79889759394
> Trashed: 4593779
> Other:   48506605809

That works as expected, and it is a proof that your storage "drive" is
configured properly.

But I'm missing a mount operation.

Could you pls check whether rclone is running for mount? What do you get
with

# ps -eaf | grep rclone

Furthermore, how does /tmp/tramp.rclone.drive look like? It must be a
directory, and there must be files from your remote "drive".

If there is an rclone process running, pls unmount that directory,
possibly you must do it with "fusermount -u /tmp/tramp.rclone.drive".
The directory must be empty then, and the rclone process must have been
killed. Delete the directory, and run "emacs -Q" after that again, and
show the logs.

(Maybe there is an error in the mount operation as implemented in
tramp-rclone.el, will check.)

> Thanks,
>   Daniel

Best regards, Michael.