Re: No support for ImageMagick 7 in emacs-26

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: No support for ImageMagick 7 in emacs-26
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 17:38:28 -0800

On 11/25/18 11:38 PM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
(In fact, Gentoo has a consolidated patch for 26.1:
https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/emacs-patches.git/tree/emacs/26.1/02_all_imagemagick-7.patch)
Effectively, the only code change in the consolidated patch is the
following in image.c:

-      MagickRealType color_scale = 65535.0 / QuantumRange;
+      double quantum_range = QuantumRange;
+      MagickRealType color_scale = 65535.0 / quantum_range;

We don't need to apply this to the emacs-26 branch, as it does not affect behavior and is used only to pacify a GCC warning. I suppose Gentoo enables warnings somehow, and doesn't want that warning. But in general we no longer worry about --enable-gcc-warnings diagnostics in the emacs-26 branch.

Anyway, the business part of the Gentoo patch is everything else in that patch.

On 11/26/18 9:38 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> The other one is that inclusion of a header file
> was moved to a different place for some reason.  (Yes, I'm being
> paranoid

This is OK since exactly the same include files are included, in exactly the same order, when HAVE_IMAGEMAGICK7 is not defined.

So how about the attached patch for the emacs-26 branch?