Re: Tramp rclone

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp rclone
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 14:32:43 +0100

Daniel Kraus <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Michael.

Hi Daniel,

>> Furthermore, does it help to remove the check for `non-essential' in
>> `tramp-rclone-maybe-open-connection'?
>
> Yes, that did the trick. I removed that check and now it works :)

Ahh, thanks! This was used for optimization. I'll remove this check, and
commit to master. Then I'll need to investigate whether there are drawbacks.

Thanks for all your tests! Pls keep us informed 'bout your experience
with the rclone Tramp method. I know that the performance is not
overwhelming, but I fear this is due to delays in rclone itself, rather
than in Tramp. Let's see whether I could improve it, by removing
roundtrips and alike.

> Best,
>   Daniel

Best regards, Michael.