Re: scratch/accurate-warning-pos: next steps.

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: scratch/accurate-warning-pos: next steps.
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 21:35:29 +0000

Hello, Stefan.

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 16:11:21 -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > As for amending the reader and byte compiler to work with "Stefan's
> > format",

> BTW, I have suggested various approaches, not just one.

Apologies, this is true.  And you also expressed a desire not to work on
the problem.  This is accepted and respected.

> And all of them have been just rough sketches.

One of them was what I've implemented as scratch/accurate-warning-pos.  :-)

> Whether and how they'd work is an open question.

The one Paul and I have been referring to was the one where the reader
would return extended lists containing location info alongside the
actual Lisp Object.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).