making xref.el a core ELPA package

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: making xref.el a core ELPA package
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2018 03:12:02 +0200

On 26.12.2018 16:48, João Távora wrote:
> However here's a tangent that might affect the decision.
> Is there any impediment to making xref.el a core ELPA
> package?

It *might* be as easy as adding the Version and Package-Requires tags and then adding a :core entry to elpa/externals-list.

Especially if you volunteer to test it in the previous release(es). We definitely need cl-generic, though. So anything older than 26.1 is out.

> I can see some advantages...

Do you have anything specific in mind? Aside from simply getting new features to the users faster.