Re: filenotify-tests.el failing inside Docker debian:stretch

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: filenotify-tests.el failing inside Docker debian:stretch
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 18:48:28 +0000

On Mon, 31 Dec 2018 18:27:23 +0100 Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ted wrote:
>> The only Emacs tests that currently fail inside Docker (using
>> debian:stretch image) are as follows. Is that expected because of Docker
>> specifics or is it something else?

MA> It is not expected. Perhaps, you shall write a bug report. It would be
MA> great, if you describe also how it could be reproduced.

I simply ran `make check' inside the Docker image. The only
customization was to allow `make bootstrap' to work on the host machine:

echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/randomize_va_space
docker run -it --rm -v /my/emacs/checkout:/src debian:stretch bash

...and inside the container...

apt update -qq
DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt install --no-install-recommends -y -qq
-o=Dpkg::Use-Pty=0 libc-dev gcc make autoconf automake libncurses-dev
gnutls-dev git
cd /src
make check

This is just what EMBA does. But it seems like a Docker issue rather
than something about the specific EMBA setup. And since Docker is not a
primary virtualization platform supported by Emacs, maybe it's better to
just skip these tests? Your call... I can create the bug report if you
prefer.

Thanks
Ted