Re: filenotify-tests.el failing inside Docker debian:stretch

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: filenotify-tests.el failing inside Docker debian:stretch
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2019 09:31:37 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Ted,

> The only Emacs tests that currently fail inside Docker (using
> debian:stretch image) are as follows. Is that expected because of Docker
> specifics or is it something else?

I would like to instrument the tests. In order to not annoy everybody,
it would be great if there would be an indication, that a test runs on
emba.gnu.org. Would it be possible to set an environment variable there,
say $EMACS_EMBA_CI? Then I could wrap my instrumentation code inside

(when (getenv "EMACS_EMABA_CI")
  ...)

This is similar to the environment of hydra.nixos.org, where I could
test for $EMACS_HYDRA_CI.

> Thanks
> Ted

Best regards, Michael.