Making project-files the "canonical" generic, was: Re: [Emacs-diffs] mas

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Making project-files the "canonical" generic, was: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 55ec674: * lisp/multifile.el: New file, extracted from etags.el
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 04:10:57 +0300

Stephen, hi!

Since it was your initiative that eventually brought us project-find-file and project-file-completion-table, I'd like to ask:

Did you end up ever using it and/or integrating it with ada-mode, or in some other third-party code?

If so, do you see any particular benefits in keeping project-file-completion-table a generic function instead of reimplementing it on top of the (somewhat) newly added project-files generic?