Re: Apropos 54f297904e0c: Temporarily comment out CC Mode from tests whi

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Apropos 54f297904e0c: Temporarily comment out CC Mode from tests which are incompatible with it.
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 23:47:25 +0100

Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello, João.

Hi everybody,

>> > That would leave lots of failed tests in make check.  People have
>> > already remarked on those failures, implicitly asking me to fix them.
>
>> Yes. But the correct fix was to revert the commit that broke
>> the tests, not this volkswagenesque atrocity.
>
> The tests are now broken.  They make assumptions about CC Mode's workings
> which don't hold.  Why can't we cooperate to fix them?

Please do not comment out tests which are broken (I have no idea
why). The proper way is to tag them as :unstable, as explained in
test/README. By this, all of us won't see them when running "make
check", and you could still run the tests on your local machine while
fixing them.

Once stabilized, remove the :unstable tag.

Best regards, Michael.