Re: How to get information of a tip created by x-show-tip

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How to get information of a tip created by x-show-tip
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 09:22:07 +0200

> From: "Feng Shu" <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 12:29:33 +0800
>
> I want to get a tip's information created by x-show-tip,  for example: width,
> height, x and y
>
> but I fail to find the way, anyone can help me?
>
> by the way, is a tip a window or a frame?

A tooltip is a frame, when Emacs creates it itself; in that case, you
should be able to find the values in tooltip-frame-parameters.  But
with some toolkits, notably with GTK, the tooltip is by default
produced by the toolkit, and in that case I think the settings are in
the toolkit configuration files, out of Emacs control.