Re: Finding the dump

From: Andreas Schwab
Subject: Re: Finding the dump
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 11:54:01 +0100

On Jan 27 2019, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

> That prevents having several dumps for the same executable and that
> doesn't help finding the directory in which the dump is stored.

That problem already exists today, adding the fingerprint doesn't make
it worse.  IMHO the dump file should really only be searched in
exec-directory.  If you want to find it somewhere else, just pass
--dump-file (or a new option --dump-directory).

> I agree we should add the fingerprint, but I think it should be added to
> the `emacs` executable (so the executable-dump can easily find it).

And installing the emacs executable in exec-directory?

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, address@hidden
GPG Key fingerprint = 7578 EB47 D4E5 4D69 2510  2552 DF73 E780 A9DA AEC1