Re: new-flex-completion-style

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: new-flex-completion-style
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 02:02:25 +0300

On 12.02.2019 01:16, João Távora wrote:
And the second commit should encourage UI devs to start taking the
completion-style-sort-order hint into account.  If Dmitry does that in
company-capf, we get decent flex completion for little cost.

Note that if you adopt the approach I suggested (leave sorting to the display-sort-function), it will work with company-capf automatically.

And this can work in two ways: either the completion style adds text properties and the sort function looks it up, or the completion style (?) or the completion table does the sorting right away, and the display-sort-function is #'identity.