smtpmail feature proposal: undisclosed recipient

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: smtpmail feature proposal: undisclosed recipient
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 16:42:31 +0100

 Hi

 I just learned in the gnus mailing list that, it possible to have

 To: undisclosed recipient:;
 Bcc: John Doe <address@hidden>

 However
 ,----
 > It works  when sent through my primary MTA, but not when sent
 > through an alternative MTA.  Either it depends on the MTA, or
 > sendmail/postfix handles it correctly, but smtpmail-send-it
 > doesn't.

 `----

 Could smtpmail support this feature?

I asked the maintainer Simon Josefsson, but he told me that it is quite
some time ago that he looked at the code and suggested me to write to
emacs devel. Before opening via the submit-bug form a formal proposal,
what do other think about this request.

I would like to have it, because I know users who find it annoying to
receive mails with an empty TO field.

Regards

Uwe Brauer