Re: ispell single word

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: ispell single word
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 17:36:37 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> How do I spell a single word, from Lisp,
>> with ispell?
>
> Can you describe a use case where one needs
> to spell-check in Emacs a word that is given
> as a string, and is not present in
> any buffer?

The base use case is being able to ask Emacs,
is this the correct spelling of
a particular word?

One advanced use case can be in combination
with this string permutation code [1] - you can
feed a bunch of chars to it, get all possible
strings, then feed the strings to the checker
and thus filter out all possible words you can
form with the letters.

[1] http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/emacs-init/perm.el

--
underground experts united