Re: *Completions* in minibuffer-only frames

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: *Completions* in minibuffer-only frames
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 18:26:37 +0200

> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 10:31:09 +0100
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
>
> With Emacs 26 and a minibuffer-only frame, *Completions* may be
> displayed in the minibuffer window.  To reproduce with emacs -Q do
> (make-frame '((minibuffer . only))) and in that minibuffer-only frame
> type C-h f followed by TAB.  This will display *Completions* in the
> minibuffer window and it can become quite complicated to get rid of it
> again.  Hence I would like to apply the attached trivial patch to the
> release branch.  Any objections?

How old is this problem?  It doesn't sound too serious to me, FWIW
(but then I never use minibuffer-only frames).

I'd really like to release Emacs 26.2 VSN; the bug reports about
recent regressions or serious bugs all but ceased to arrive, so I
think we have a stable branch.  Installing non-trivial (by their
effect) changes is something I'd like to avoid if possible.