Re: Core ELPA was: Testing fontification, indentation, and buffer manipu

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Core ELPA was: Testing fontification, indentation, and buffer manipulation
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2019 17:07:10 -0500

> I could move the dependency to Makefile.in I guess? Then a simple
> ./configure wouldn't change things, but any textual change in
> Makefile.in would. Or, I could check the repo for the SHA-1 first and if
> this doesn't exist, the run git fetch.

My opinion is that the problem in in having the SHAs in Makefile.in.
I think Makefile.in should refer to branches/tags rather than to SHAs.

        Stefan

PS: Also, every time Makefile.in changes, `make` re-runs config.status
which then causes all the .o files to be recompiled as well, so I'd
rather we don't change it all too often.