Re: tabulated-list sort icon is reversed

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: tabulated-list sort icon is reversed
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2019 17:06:11 +0200

> From: Philippe Vaucher <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2019 11:18:31 +0100
> Cc: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>, Emacs developers <address@hidden>
>
> Thanks for the feekback. Here is a patch with all your suggested
> modifications.

Thanks.  We are almost there.

> About the manual, given it's the first time I edit it I went for a very
> minimalist approach, please tell me if I should
> mention the default values, or the type of the defcustom in there.

What is needed is a bit more descriptive text about these options.
You could write that text only once, for the first option, and in the
others say something like

  Like @code{tabulated-list-gui-sort-indicator-asc}, but used
  when ...

> +(defcustom tabulated-list-gui-sort-indicator-asc ?▼
> + "Indicator for column sorted in ascending order, for GUI frames. See
> +  `tabulated-list-tty-sort-indicator-asc' for indicator used on
> +  text-mode frames."

The first line of the doc string should be a single complete sentence.

> -(defvar tabulated-list-glyphless-char-display
> +(defun tabulated-list-make-glyphless-char-display-table ()
> +  "Make the `glyphless-char-display' table used in Tabulated List

Likewise here.

> +buffers for text-mode frames. This table is used for displaying the
                               ^^
Two spaces between sentences, please.