Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab

From: Tadeus Prastowo
Subject: Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 09:47:25 +0100

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 8:28 AM Philippe Vaucher
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I believe this whole discussion is basically this: the ones who are used to a
> gitlab workflow see the obvious benefits, and the ones who only use the email
> workflow don't see what's so great about it because they always find a
> manual/configuration-heavy way to achieve the same.
>
> I think the manual/configuration-heavy way is not very smooth and makes _you_
> work instead of the tools, when this effort could be better spent improving
> Emacs.

IMO, that point is moot when we are talking about making contributions
to Emacs.  Instead of an RFE to migrate to gitlab, an RFE for a
package that, for example, enhances Emacs bug reporting so that it
becomes a CI tool would be better, no?

--
Best regards,
Tadeus