Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab

From: Konstantin Kharlamov
Subject: Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 13:34:48 +0300

On Пт, Mar 22, 2019 at 13:16:56, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
And while on it, a few weeks ago I sent 2 patches to bugtrackers, and I
 got a notification for each of them. I'm horrified to imagine what I
 gonna see if I send a series of 20 patches.

There's no requirement in Emacs development to send patches in series,
you can send a single patch for the entire changeset.  then you will
get only one notification.

This is odd, why would I do that? If somebody would squash 20 commits into just one, and sent me for review, "break commits by functional" would be my very first comment. How a reviewer supposed to give any useful comments besides high-level stuff like "remove the commented out code there", if a sigle patch does 20 functionally different changes?

Furthermore: if such patch was commited, how other developers in the future, while studying the git-log, are supposed to make any sense of this commit?

And how one supposed to git-bisect a regression with such a commit?