Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 11:37:23 +0100

On 2019-03-21, at 18:54, Philippe Vaucher <address@hidden> wrote:

> As I said earlier, it's possible that adding the gitlab workflow would
> yield 0 additional contributors, the only way to know for sure would be to
> try it. Personnally I believe that at least for "typo fixes" and tiny
> changes you'd get more contributions, because proposing a change on the
> gitlab model is trivial (browse to the correct file, click "edit", edit the
> file in your browser, press "propose changes", done).
>
> Anway, what I am sure of is that if the gitlab workflow was added there
> would be contributors on this ML (including me) that would use it instead
> of the mailing list workflow.

Hi,

I loosely follow this discussion, but I'm curious: isn't a git branch
workflow equally well supported?  I did contribute a bit to Emacs, and
what i did was push a feature branch and ask for it to be reviewed and
merged.  Not quite what Gitlab does, but closer than sending patches by
email.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski