Re: Fill column indicator functionality

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Fill column indicator functionality
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 08:13:53 -0400

> I tried to do a rebase of the branch (to keep it synchronized with
> master) and I see it was not possible to rebase the public branch.

As Eli said: you can't force-push, but you can delete-then-repush to get
the same effect.

> I am wondering that at the end I will need to do a rebase and the squash
> locally

As a matter of policy we do not require rebasing nor squashing.
It's perfectly OK to just "git merge" into "master".

What we do want, tho is that the commits that are merged come with
proper commit-messages.

        Stefan